BRC Mental Health Services is hiring full time and part time Community Based Rehabilitation Specialists to work with us in creating a new type of housing and mental health service all in one program for those dealing with serious and persistent mental illness (SPMI) or both SPMI and substance abuse. We need someone who is passionate about generating creative ideas to help clients maintain stable environments and transition into the community.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Provides individual psychosocial rehabilitation in accordance with the objectives specified/ authorized in the individualized treatment plan and in accordance with Optum.
- Provides the following tasks: assistance in gaining/utilizing skills necessary to undertake school, employment, independence; interventions in social skills training/interpersonal behavior; assistance with receiving necessary services; development of skills as necessary for community integration and crisis prevention.
- Engage with clients to help in building social and basic living skills, learning to manage their personal funds and how to interact in the community and manage their psychiatric symptoms.
- You may have scheduled days that you will be on call to cover at facilities or for questions or for crisis calls. While you are on call you will be available by phone at all times. You will also be available to go to a facility or run an errand within 1 hour if needed.
- Assist and work with the Director of Finance and Resident Care in distributing resident spending money and accounting for it.
- Work with staff on setting up and scheduling transportation for residents to and/or attend doctor appointments, meetings, transfers as needed.
- Assist the Directors in updating, implementing and training staff in new policy and procedures and forms that would enhance performance or productivity.
- Does not practice, condone, facilitate, or collaborate with any form of discrimination on the basis of ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, political belief, or mental or physical disability.
- Follow all company Policy and Procedures.
- To act in a professional and ethical manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client documents, files and communication in written, electronic and/or verbal form and follows all HIPPA laws.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 18 years of age
- Be able to pass state and/or federal background checks
- Driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
- Computer and technology skills
- Degree in psych or social, or social work
- CPRP certification
BRC Mental Health Services offers competitive wages and a benefits package for full time employees that include Teladoc (dr by phone or web) and regular health insurance, dental insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement and other bonuses and fun benefits. Benefits for part time employees includes Teladoc health insurance, paid time off, paid holidays and other fun benefits.Download Job Description